Thursday, January 7, 2010

Whidbey Island hunt

Ferry boat ride over to Whidbey Island
Finds of the day!

I had to hop on the Washington State Ferry early this morning, but first needed to fuel the truck up. Of course I was near my favorite car wash and had to check out the above ground finds for coins. To my amazement a few shiny coins were waiting for me; one quarter was in the coin return of a vacuum station, a dime and penny sat near a coin return at the car wash station and the other two coins (dime and penny) were on the pavement.


I caught the 7:30am ferry to Whidbey Island to go to a job site for roof and gutter cleaning. Do you think that I brought my metal detector? Indeed! When I was finished with work it was close to 3:00pm, so I had to get in some quick detecting before it got dark. My first stop was Ebbey Landing, an historic lookout point/trail in Coupeville, WA. This stop brought in $.63 of clad (2 quarters, 1 dime and 3 pennies). My next stop was the City Beach in Oak Harbor. I ended up finding $.47 (1 quarter, 2 dimes and 2 pennies). I did however find a couple of other non-coin items. The first find was a Lions pin and the second was a copper bracelet. I'm still waiting patiently for my first silver coin.


Daily totals: $1.57
Above ground finds: $.47
Below ground finds: $1.10
Total finds to date: $7.18 Day 7
The Lincoln Penny Project grand total finds: $46.66
Above ground finds: $38.39
Below ground finds: $8.27

4 comments:

  1. Hey, that looks like the copper bracelet that I lost at that beach in 1973!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finds, especially the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bracelet sure didn't patina out. Should I leave it in the ground longer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brian! How are your finds coming? I'll check the forum and your blog out to see.

    ReplyDelete