Monday, January 4, 2010

Lunchtime detecting

45 minute park hunt.

It's really cool when you start getting the hang of something. Let's take metal detecting for instance. At first you get it out of the box and you can't wait to start swinging the machine. Of course you watch the video on how to use it, but you barely remember anything that you saw...You just visioned coins coming out of the ground. When we first hit the dirt, tones would beep from the machine like crazy-and we just started to dig. We didn't look at the screen or hear the tone-we just dug. After our first few coins, we started to listen to the machine and actually read the screen.


Today it finally clicked for me. I took a quick lunch break and got the machine out to detect a local park. It's a baseball field, skate park with landscaped grounds. I hit the grass right away and started hearing beeps. I'm learning the sounds of the machine and can distinguish between a good tone and bad one. When I hear a good tone, I look at the screen and see what it's detecting. It might read out penny, nickel, quarter, etc. Then it might register junk too...foil, aluminum, etc. If I feel it's worth digging, I go to work. Today the tones were just right, and the reading on the screen looked good, so I dug away. I was pulling coin after coin during the first 15 minutes. My plugs were nice and consistent, and the coin was exactly where I thought it was. How cool!! Total finds for the day amounted to $2.56-which consisted of 6 quarters, 7 dimes, 2 nickels and 26 pennies. I was pumped. No silver or wheaties yet......


We are still looking above ground too and came up with 6 pennies today.


Until next time-Happy Hunting!


Daily total: $2.62

Above ground finds: $.06

Below ground finds: $2.56


Total to date: $4.26 Day 4


No comments:

Post a Comment