Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Lunch time calls for the metal detector again!


Finds for the day.
The park in Lynnwood.

I've driven by this park dozens of times and it's packed with people during the summer. The afternoon weather was decent, so with my detector along, I give it a shot. The machine starts hitting a lot of signals right away. It's making noise every few feet, and the sound determines that the grounds have a lot of junk. A few people are in the park, so I decide to get my headphones to eliminate all of the beeping noises for my nieghbors. The first signal that sounds like a coin excites me. The dig pulls one dime and a penny in the same hole. The overall digs bring in $.64 in coins (5 dimes and 14 pennies).
One of the signals really sounded good. As I was digging, I noticed a round object that was thicker than a coin. When I pulled up the object, I was pumped to find out that it was a ring-maybe silver? Of course the first thing that I do is look for a mark or identification of the ring. No markings unfortunately, but it does have some kind of gem-a possible pearl or opal? The ring is heavy and appears to be old and hand made. I was please about the day's haul.

Today's total: $.64
Above ground finds: 0
Below ground finds: $.64

This year's total: $5.61 Day 6

Above ground finds: $.35
Below ground finds: $5.26

No comments:

Post a Comment