Sunday, January 3, 2010

All for $.07! Was it worth it? Absolutely.....

The park near the Seattle Times building.
First find of the day-a Lincoln Penny.
Finds for the day (2 pennies and a nickel)...junk too.

Woke up this morning and thought about digging some dirt. We have the Seattle Times printing faciltiy near our house. Next to the building is a huge park where people play frisbee, football, soccer and other events, and over the summer a lot of coins can be lost. This is where I decided to dig for the morning. It appeared that the grounds have been swept before because I covered a lot of ground without any signals from the detector. The ground was really marshy, but I continued on. The detector started hitting some signals, but they sounded and detected trash. Finally I hit a good tone, so I dug a plug of dirt. The hole was full of water and it was entirely muddy...what a mess. It took a while to find, but out surfaced the first coin-a Lincoln Penny. The next signal and hole that I dug was a two coin pull; a nickel and penny. The $.07 took me around 30 minutes and it was a muddy mess. My mission was to find something from the park, and I'm glad that I gave it a shot. On the way back to the truck I found a penny that added to The Lincoln Penny Project. Keep at it and happy hunting!


Daily total find: $.08

Above ground finds: $.01

Below ground finds: $.07


Total to date: $1.64 Day 3








2 comments:

  1. I would love to be walking the streets of Seattle! Thirty-plus years ago I lived on Whidbey Island and loved it. Last year we visited your beautiful city and surrounding areas. Hope to return soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived on the eastern coast of Oak Harbor in 72-74 while (ex)husband was serving in the Navy. Our little house was right on the beach of the bay that was directly across from Coupeville. At night we could see the lights of that city. I believe the area is now covered with condos.

    Our trip up there was in August 08'. If you look in my archives you can see my blog entries. We have talked about returning for another visit.

    ReplyDelete