Friday, October 2, 2009

Will the real Mr. Lincoln please stand?


Fool me once-shame on me! Claire and I went on a couple of errands; Blockbuster Video and to QFC for groceries. Let the games begin. Since I already found $1.02 earlier in the day, she said that she would find something first. She was determined to win.


Nothing at Blockbuster for either of us. Then it was QFC. The first couple of aisles produced zilch. The potato chip aisle produced the find-a Lincoln trapped where the floor and the wall meet. A small gap allowed the penny to go under the shelving. I used my fingernail to pry it loose. As soon as I held the copper coin, it turned into plastic immediately. An imposter! I was duped, robbed and left speechless. Claire bursted out laughing.


We proceeded to the produce section. There she spotted the real Lincoln coin. She bent down, reached for it and scooped up the prize. Claire won!!
Total find for the day: $1.03
Grand total: $15.19
82 finding days averages out to $.18 per day

No comments:

Post a Comment