Monday, October 12, 2009

Has anyone played the 52 penny pick up game? We have!



Today was the biggest one day penny find at one location for us yet. This blog is called the Lincoln Penny Project, and the penny proves to be the easiest money find of any coin or bill since we started the project back on July 12, 2009. It's still puzzling to find so many copper coins strewn about. These pennies were found next to the vacuum station at a car wash. Obviously the person that dropped these coins out of their car sees the penny of having no value. Why? When added up, they spend the same. Check out the picture. When I drove up, two dimes and one penny was on the opposite side of the garbage bin on the ground and one penny sat on the concrete step. As I walked around to pick up the coin on the border of the garbage can, all of the copper coins were staring up at me. I could hardly believe my eyes. I picked up the coins one by one thinking that I uncovered a treasure. Fifty-two pennies and two dimes were found at this one location. Unbelievable!

Total daily find: $.72
Earlier find by Drea: .01
Grand total to date: $19.97
92 finding days averages out to $.21 per day.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete