Friday, October 23, 2009

Abracadabra! Now you see it, now you don't.....



Are we the only people that find lost coins or actually look for them? Everywhere we go coins surface around us for some reason. We don't go too far out of our way to look either...it's amazing. It might be 5-10 minutes a day, or an extra 100 steps from the parking lot to the car and back from a visit to the store or an errand. Maybe it's just that we are more aware.


Because I am out on the road going to job sites, I'll hit a couple of unplanned stops to see if I run into any stray coins. Car washes are one of my favorite places for hunting. Today I found $1.40 at one car wash. As I drove into the station, two cars were leaving and two people were washing their vehicles. Before I vacuumed my truck out, I found 4 quarters. They were jammed in the coin return. The other coins were on the concrete and around the garbage bins. We are still amazed that people are missing out.
Notice in the photo someone washing their truck. The vacuum station had one dime and a child's ring along with the 4 quarters that were jammed in the coin return. I left the child's ring on the concrete platform.


Total daily find: $1.40

Total finds to date: 23.66

103 finding days averages out to $.23 per day

This could equate to $83.95 in one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment