Sunday, September 20, 2009

Leavenworth and Wenatchee bound




Claire and I decided to take a quick day trip east of the mountains. Our first stop was Leavenworth-Wilkommen! The day was toasty and the bratwursts tasted great. We thought for sure that we would spot some shiny finds on the ground, but only came up with one penny. Wie schade-too bad. We were pumped that we found something. On a whim-we cruised even farther-to hit the town of Wenatchee.


Thirty plus years ago, my mom and I would drive over the pass to stay with my dad at a trailer park in Wenatchee. As Claire and I drove through the town of Wenatchee-my recollection of where we were came back to me. We went over a bridge across the Wenatchee River and spotted where we bowled. When I stayed with my dad for parts of the summer while he worked on the east side of the mountains, I would work at a place called Eddie Mays Inn. I would do laundry work-cleaning the linens in all of the rooms. We drove around to find the Inn. The location of where I thought it was stood a Fred Meyer. We went inside the store and asked a few people if they knew what was here before the store. Sure enough it was Eddie Mays Inn. I was so pumped to be standing in the same place 30+ years later-thinking about my dad and being with him during those times. We walked the parking lot to take a couple of photos and found a shiny nickel. Thanks Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment