Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We are getting an Ace 250 Garrett Metal Detector


Over 35 years ago I had my first metal detector. It was a black, plastic model from Radio Shack. The detector only had an on/off switch, but I felt like a king. I remember only finding a few things that counted, unfortunately most of the items turned out to be trash. Since my family and I have been coin hunting above ground and having success, we could only imagine what kind of finds could be underground.

Our hunting quest started on July 12, 2009, and to date we have recovered over $32.00 in coins and bills. A couple of weeks ago I got the idea of looking at metal detectors, so I started to search for information on the internet. I ran into a great metal detecting forum. Check out the Metal Detecting Forum site. We also recommend checking out Garrett's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment