Monday, November 23, 2009

First Australian coin found


I walked through a Fred Meyer parking lot back to my truck this afternoon. I noticed two shiny, metallic objects on the pavement and had to stop. When I reached down to scoop up my finds, a lady chuckled. I told her, "I have to pick them up!" She said, "well of course you do!" I noticed that they were Canadian coins; a dime and a nickel. As I put the coins in my camera bag, I found out that the dime was actually a 5 cent Australian coin to my amazement. These two coins were side by side, obviously dropped by someone that didn't want either coin. The Australian five-cent coin is smaller than a nickel, but slightly larger than a dime in case anyone was interested. Queen Elizabeth II is also on both the Canadian coin and Australian coin.


Daily total find: $.20 (doesn't include the Aussie)

Grand total to date: $32.07

134 finding days averages out to $.24 per day

No comments:

Post a Comment